Meet ADEP Interim Academic Advisor – Faviola Soria

My name is Faviola Soria and I will be the Interim Academic Advisor while Kristy Fenstermaker is on maternity leave.  I hold a bachelor’s degree in liberal studies from Cal State Northridge and recently completed my graduate studies in Counseling and Guidance with a specialization in College Student Personnel here at Cal Lutheran University.

I have an unshakable passion for education and an unyielding commitment to helping students achieve their career and educational goals.  My previous undertakings have granted me the invaluable experience of working with a broad range of students, which range from first generation and ethnically diverse backgrounds, to adult learners. During my time as an interim advisor, I hope to make a long lasting impact on the Cal Lutheran student body by helping and encouraging them as they pursue their bachelor’s degree. I look forward to and embrace the opportunity to work with the students, faculty, and staff in ADEP. 

Fun facts about me: I love dancing, movies, the HGTV channel, and finding new cooking recipes. In addition, I recently got married and am enjoying being a newlywed, as well as spending time with my “fabulous” husband.