Meet our Graduate Intern: Jess Waddell

JESS

My name is Jess Waddell and I am a Graduate student interning with the Bachelor’s Degree for Professionals program (formerly ADEP) this summer. I am currently pursuing my Master’s in Counseling with an emphasis in College Student Personnel from California Lutheran University (and I absolutely love this institution)! I have completed an internship at Oxnard College in the Educational Assistance Center (EAC), and worked with counselors to provide services and accommodations to students with disabilities. Before entering graduate school, I obtained my B.A. in Sociology from CSU Channel Islands, where my passion for working with diverse populations began. I am extremely grateful for my education and the endless support that I have received from family and friends to advance my academic and career opportunities.

Prior to working in higher education, I managed a sports memorabilia company for nearly 5 years- I am an avid sports fan if you could imagine. Yes, I prioritize watching every Dodgers game throughout the entire season, and prefer muting the television when Vin Scully is not announcing. I also love spending time with my husband. I recently married in September and am enjoying being a newlywed. Other activities I enjoy are camping, hiking, running, playing various sports, and catching up on all my favorite television shows.

Please stop by the office and say hello when you have a free moment. I look forward to this invaluable internship experience, and would like to thank all of the Professionals staff for their guidance and support.