Tour Guides Tell All

Guide tour

Sixteen times a week—in sunshine, fog, and rain—Cal Lutheran’s team of Presidential Hosts give campus tours, guiding guests around the park-like 225 acre campus.These students reveal true “inside information”—like the nickname for the Luther statue outside the Pearson Library (aka “Gumby”), how the Cal Lutheran flagpole was donated by a pilot who loved buzzing around campus, or that the Samuelson Aquatics Center is where the U.S. Olympic Water Polo team comes to practice.Visitors also get to check out classrooms and see where students live on campus.With all the time they spend touring campus, it doesn’t take long for the Presidential Hosts to find their favorite places.

Benjamin Melano, Sophomore

Hometown: Honolulu, HI
Major: Political Science

“I always stop in front of the Study Abroad office because I love to talk about my study abroad experience last year in Paris.”

Zachary Zabo, Junior

Hometown: Columbus, OH
Major: Criminal Justice and Political Science

“My favorite spot is the new Swenson Center for the Social and Behavioral Sciences. I love the large naturally lit classrooms and the social science atmosphere.”

Nicole Mangona, Sophomore

Hometown: West Hills, CA
Major: Communication (Emphasis in Journalism) and Political Science

“I’m partial to the residence halls. I love staying in with my roommates and friends, having a movie night, and cooking dinner together.
The residence halls are their own little communities.”

Jimena Jimenez-Aguilar, Sophomore

Hometown: East Los Angeles, CA
Major: Accounting

“The residence halls are the best… I love where I live! The atmosphere is great and I like to talk about it.”

Hilary Glossbrenner, Sophomore

Hometown: Bakersfield, CA
Major: Biology and a minor in Art

“I love the Pearson Library because that’s where I feel the most productive.”