In an industry where trust is so valuable to the client relationship, it is important to be able to demonstrate credibility. An MBA in Financial Planning can position you as a trustworthy and knowledgeable provider.
California Lutheran’s MBA can be completed on campus, online, or a combination of the two. It is offered on a flexible schedule that will allow you to graduate in less than two years, or take it over a number of years as your schedule allows.
Degree candidates will complete 8 required MBA Core Business classes, plus 8 classes in Financial
Planning for a total of 48 graduate credits. The accelerated program runs year round in five 8-week terms, and allows for the completion of the program in less than 2 years if so desired.
Core MBA Classes include:
- BUS 521: Statistical Analysis for Manager
- BUS 531: Managerial Economics
- BUS 551: Managerial Accounting
- BUS 567: Behavioral Science for Management
- BUS 568: Business Ethics
- BUS 573: Law for Business Executives
- BUS 575: Marketing Theory
- BUS 581: Management Concepts for Information Technology
Financial Planning Classes include:
- Bus 591: Financial Principles and Policies
- Bus 501: Introduction to Financial Planning
- Bus 502: Tax Management and Strategy
- Bus 505: Emp. Benefit and Retirement Planning
- Bus 506: Risk management and Insurance
- Bus 593: Investment and Portfolio Management
507: Principles of Estate Planning
- Bus 508: Capstone Course in Financial Planning
CLU’s outstanding, award winning business instructors (See our “Meet the CIF Faculty” Posts) combine real world business experiences with academic backgrounds from the top Universities around the country, allowing students to gain from both the theoretical and applied knowledge of our instructors.
In addition, the CIF offers support to its students after graduation through job fairs, the alumni portal, CFP training classes, and access to the Financial Planning Library.
Become part of a community of Financial Planning professionals through the California Institute of Finance’s MBA in Financial Planning.