Welcome new and returning CLU students!
Welcome CLU class of 2015 and transfer students, and welcome back current students! We are excited to begin this new school year with you and to help you go beyond google for your research.

Below are the top 5 questions that get asked at the Pearson Library. Have you ever asked these questions before? And, are there other questions you want to ask? 

Top 5 FAQs at Pearson Library (countdown)

5. Is the writing center in the library?
Yes, CLU’s Writing Center is in the library. Their knowledgeable staff will help you with developing a thesis statement, working on syntax and grammar, and every other writing need you may have. It is recommended that you schedule an appointment with them on their website.

4. I need research help! How can I get research help?
There are lots of ways to get research help. You can call us at 503.493.3255, send us a text message at 209.LIB4HLP (or 209.542.4457), send us an IM from the library webpage, find us on facebook and/or twitter. You can also come into the library too.

3. Where should I go to start finding sources for my research project?
You have access to 244,8800 books and ebooks, 158 databases, and 2166 DVDs/movies. It can be overwhelming. Start with WorldCat Local (WCL) where you will find everything you need, including books, ebooks, full-text articles, and videos. If you  need help using WCL, see the tutorial page we have put together for you.

2. I need to research for chem but I’m an art major, where can I go to find information quickly?
All of the majors at CLU have their own research guide. The guides have information on the best databases for the subject, how to cite sources, and who can help you with your research, making it easy to find sources on any topic.

1. What are the library hours?
Generally, the library’s hours are Monday-Friday 8:15am-11:45pm and Saturday-Sunday 10:15am-11:45pm. There are some variations in the schedule because of holidays, breaks, etc., so look at the complete schedule to make sure.

No comments

No comments yet. Be the first.