Making art safely-focus on Printmaking

Take this week off CLU Thursday printmaking group because I am off to Santa Fe New Mexico to continue bringing “making art safely” to our Printmaking program.

The philosophy of the workshop is not always about making safe art, but making art safely. No longer is it true that being safe and conscientious in the studio is at odds with making great work. Forget “die for your art,” live for your art! And this is my philosophy in our printmaking shop at CLU. I am here in Santa Fe to grow, to learn, to develop better ways to make art, to get safe in the studio so we can make the art and not worry about having toxic materials or bad process dictate our options, and future.

Looking forward to sharing making art safely in the printshop this summer and Fall. Attention will be given to the expansive means of expression represented by recent innovations in low-toxic printmaking. These advances in printmaking are opening up the mediums’ expressive nature and make it very relevant to contemporary artists while maintaining quality of imaging and materials.

With luck I will be attaching photos of the prints I develop during this Southwest experience in future blogs.