Dr. Chien interviewed Dr. Kathleen M. Rehl, Ph.D., CFP®, CeFT®, on January 18, 2022, at 2 PM PST on Assist Clients to “Give It Twice” with a T-CRUT. There are several options to help secure your family’s future while living off your retirement. Is it possible to protect future inheritance money while making a gift to charity? In the interview, Dr. Chien will discuss with Dr. Kathleen M. Rehl, Ph.D., CFP®, CeFT®, about T-CRUT and how clients can achieve their goals and enjoy the income and estate tax savings. Also, provide tips about the advantages and disadvantages of using a T-CRUT and answer the following questions.
- What is a T-CRUT?
- Why did you decide to form a T-CRUT?
- How can clients form a T-CRUT?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of forming T-CRUT?
- Why should a client consider forming a T-CRUT?
- What are the requirements that need to be met before the T-CRUT can be formed and avoid trouble with regulators?
- What are some of the taxes or tax deductions both the owner and beneficiary have regarding the assets that are placed in a T-CRUT?
- IRS T-CRUT special provisions
- The recommended Verrill Law Office
- Top religious foundations:
- Giving Twice, by Kathleen M. Rehl on Sep 22, 2021, at HumbleDollar
- I’m “Giving It Twice,” Helping My Son & Leaving a Lasting Legacy By Kathleen Rehl
November 17, 2021, by Kathleen M. Rehl, Ph.D., CFP®, CeFT® at Agebuzz.com
- Philanthropic Planning credentials
- Additional resources:
Kathleen M. Rehl, Ph.D., CFP®, CeFT® wrote the award-winning book, Moving Forward on Your Own: A Financial Guidebook for Widows after the death of her late husband. More than 75,000 copies of this book are in circulation. She owned Rehl Financial Advisors for almost 18 years before retiring to a six-year encore career empowering widows and their advisors through her speaking, writing, and doing research about widows. Her work has been featured in articles published by the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Kiplinger’s, CNBC, USA Today, and many others. She happily “reFired” on her 73rd birthday in 2020. Kathleen and her new husband, Charlie, concentrate on family, fun, focused-purpose, friends, and fitness. She enjoys writing legacy poetry and stories plus assisting nonprofits. Her website is at https://KathleenRehl.com.
Chia-Li Chien, Ph.D., CFP®, PMP®, CPBC, is an Assistant Professor and Director of the Financial Planning Program of California Lutheran University. Before her academic role, she held several senior management positions in Fortune 500 companies, including Diageo, ABB, CIGNA, and RSA Insurance Group. Dr. Chien is a frequent speaker about succession planning at national conferences and has published three books, including her most recent publication, “Enhancing Retirement Success Rates in the United States.” She publishes research on succession topics in a variety of academic and practitioner research journals. Dr. Chien serves on the boards of various national financial service associations. She holds a doctorate in financial planning and is a Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) as well as Project Management Professional (PMP®). Chia-Li Chien is pronounced Jolly Jan.